The new hydraulic tipper trailers model year 2023 will now come standard with 6 tie eyes (also called lashing eyes or floor anchors) in the load floor. This makes it easier to secure the load in the trailer. The standard tie hooks on the side of the trailer also remain. Below is a gallery of the Read more...
Trailers can have different parts depending on the type and purpose of the trailer. Some common parts are:
- The chassis: This is the frame of the trailer on which all other parts are mounted.
- The axles: Trailers usually have one or more axles on which the wheels are mounted. The axles carry the weight of the trailer and are important for the stability of the trailer while driving.
- Wheels: The wheels are important to the mobility of the trailer and must be properly maintained to ensure a safe ride.
- Lighting: A trailer must be clearly visible on the road. Therefore, they need lights such as tail lights, brake lights and turn signals.
- The coupling: This is the mechanism by which the trailer is coupled to the towing vehicle.
- The structure: The structure of the trailer can vary depending on its use. For example, a trailer may have a cargo box, a cold storage unit or a tent.
- The braking system: For the safety of the driver and cargo, a trailer can be equipped with a braking system. This can range from a hand brake to a sophisticated electronic braking system.
- The undercarriage: The undercarriage is the part of the trailer that makes direct contact with the ground and can consist, for example, of springs, torsion bar axles or air suspension.